Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Joseph S. Ziccardi Sr. Oct. 20, 1934 to March 14, 2012

I am dedicating this post to my father -in- law Joseph Salvatore Ziccardi Sr. Esq.
On March 14th we lost an amazing man. I call him my father in law even though Joe & I are not married yet, Because Pop (that's what we called him) would always introduce me as his daughter in law. Which to me was an honor.
He truly was a great man with many accomplishments, not only was he a husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle, God Father & friend. He was a retired Colonel in the Army Jag Unit. An attorney in Pennsylvania, & also known as the Hoffman Street kid.
I had heard many stories of his life from him, but was really impressed by the many people who had come to pay their respects & commented on how he mentored them, guided them to find their way in life, or how he was so proud to serve his country.
I will never be able to see an apple caramel walnut pie or swim around the island with out thinking of you.
I know you are in heaven with your Pop & Mom & I'm sure your enjoying a cigar with a Manhattan, smiling down on us.
You will truly be missed. Love you Pop!

5 comments:

Marie Martorano said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of Joe's dad. What a wonderful tribute you wrote about him. Now we know why Joe is such a great guy! I'm sure he was proud to have you as a daughter in law.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am really glad to read this weblog posts which includes
lots of valuable information, thanks for providing such data.



Also visit my web-site: http://www.tuning-style.nl/